A user has enabled Out of Office within Outlook but Lync does not reflect the status in presence. The fix is to rebuild their local Lync profile.
- Check their presence from your Outlook by adding their name to a test message and highlight their name. Their presence info including Out of Office should appear but in this case won’t since it’s broken.
- Log the user off of Lync and close Lync down.
- On the PC that the users lync profile is set up browse to the following path:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Communicator
Windows 7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator
- Move any of the users firstname.lastname@example.org folders and “prescence_user_name_domainname_com.xml” files to the “Backup” folder.
- Only the CEIP and Backup folders and GalContacts.db should be left.
- Open up Lync and log the user in. Verify a new email@example.com folder is created.
- Check Lync and verify the Out of Office Status is listed for the users presence and also the bubble above their contact picture.